Hello everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend. I'm assuming that your lives, much like ours, are being filled with more calories the closer we get to Christmas. Over the past week we have had several occasions to throw calorie counting to the wind and indulge. First and foremost, we made another trip to the Weihnachtsmarkt. We want to buy some cups but each time we go they're sold out and they tell us to come back another time. Each time we go back, however, we aren't able to resist the delicious treat options all around us. Below I have included a couple of pictures of the market.
The sky scraper in the background is the Commerzbank Tower which is the 2nd tallest building in Europe.
In this picture, Brenda is standing in front of a stand that sells Schneebälle or, in English, snowballs. They are basically balls made out of hardened dough that are filled and covered with various delicious things. We bought one dipped in chocolate, covered in nuts and filled with chocolate nougat. My parents no doubt remember Schneebälle from our trip to the picturesque Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
On Friday, Brenda had a performance of The Magic Flute at Oper Frankfurt. She hadn't sung the role since October of 2008. She was given a day of rehearsals two weeks ago, as well as a couple of coachings, but other than that she was on her own. I had the pleasure of seeing the performance and she was, of course, fantastic. I wish you all could have been there.
On Saturday, Brenda and I went to a friend's place where Brenda made cookies and I played Wii tennis. I'm sure that my many matches (most of which I lost) cancelled out the dozens of delicious cookies I inhaled. We followed the cookie bake-a-thon with a get together at another friend's place where Brenda got to see me eat authentic home-made Swedish meat balls. Yesterday, we went to a friend's 40th birthday party which had all kinds of delicious things to eat. I'm telling you all of this so that when you see us next, you'll know why we've gotten so fat.
These social engagements have been most welcome. It is good for us to get out of the house so we can resist total hibernation. I really don't think, however, that Brenda has the option of hibernating at the moment. She is singing her first Musetta in La Bohème on the 19th and, on top of that, rehearsals for Orlando Furioso will be beginning soon. Earlier today, I was able to catch Brenda in the midst of deciding between a nap and learning music.

1 comment:
you are so cute chad! that casserole looked yummy!
Post a Comment