Saturday, February 13, 2010

He, du da!

Hey all! I don't have much time to write but I wanted to get you up to speed on a few things. First, Brenda is opening the opera Orlando Furioso tomorrow at Oper Frankfurt. It should be a great time. I've already seen it 1 and 1/2 times and it's really well sung and performed by everyone in the cast. Our friend Kris is in town visiting and will be seeing the opera and joining us at the after party.

Second, we don't have to move...yet. On Monday, we found out that our apartment had been sold. Long, long, long story short. Our new landlord wanted more rent and we didn't want to pay it. We worked something out and will be staying in our apartment until the end of June at which point we'll find a bigger and better (and cheaper) place to live. I could probably write a book about all of the crazy experiences we've had in this apartment. You can look forward to a few of the most entertaining stories in future posts.

Lastly, I start rehearsals for the opera Parsifal on Monday. I'm a good mix of excited and nervous. It will be great to do some more singing and to try and use some of this German I've been learning. I'll check back in with you all on Monday and give you a full report of Brenda's performance as well as my rehearsal. Until then, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so very interesting to read your "blog". I've been hearing how much snow Frankfurt has had this year - just like Wisconsin!
A. Barbie