Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a day at the beach

Hey All! It is Tuesday once again and things are quiet around our apartment this evening. It is the calm before the storm or, as Brenda may be thinking of it, Opening Night Eve. That's right, Brenda's show opens tomorrow and it's going to be a huge success ('knock on wood' - you can never be too careful). I've already seen the show twice and it is a good production with some fantastic singing. There was an audience at the final dress rehearsal last night and they clearly loved the show. They particularly loved Brenda but I'm sure you guessed as much.

Over the weekend, Elza and Isabelle invited Brenda, Heidi (one of Brenda's fellow singers) and me to the beach home they rent on the western coast of France. We spent two fun-filled days exploring the beach towns in the area, staring at the waves and, of course, eating. It was really a great weekend and a much needed mini-vacation for the singers that are at the tail-end of an intense rehearsal period.

A view from the house.

Brenda and I enjoying the ocean.

Brenda walking barefoot along the beach.

The weather here has been overcast and rainy as of late but, considering some of you still have snow, I won't complain. We have 10 days left in Bordeaux and in that time Brenda has 5 performances. That is an intense performance schedule for an opera singer. When we get back to Frankfurt it will be on a Friday and the following Monday Brenda will be in rehearsal for another opera. Goodbye France, hello Deutschland.

I hope you are all doing well. I will let you know how the first performance goes next time. Until then, have a great week!

No comments: