Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Break's over, back to work

Hey all! Some things have changed since I wrote to you last week: spring break is over, my wonderful wife is in the country, and I'm not eating cheese while watching shows about traveling around Europe. I am still eating cheese, though, so I guess not everything is different.

Last Friday Brenda sang what I can only imagine was an inspired performance of The Magic Flute. The next day she got on a plane and flew to Chicago where I picked her up. I brought her back home and, wouldn't you know it, today she escaped and went back to Chicago. Brenda has a few friends performing at the Lyric Opera of Chicago this evening and she went to cheer them on. I'm hoping that she'll come home tomorrow so we can get back into our routine of her watching me study.

I hope that all of you enjoyed the first day of spring. I couldn't be happier about the weather lately. In fact, it's been so warm that I've actually considered turning on the air conditioning. I heard a story on Iowa Public Radio about how people in Pella are concerned about the unusually warm weather affecting their tulip festival. While my heart goes out to them, I really could get used to having 80 degree weather in March.

I try to avoid all things political in this blog, but I'm making an exception to link an article about the Supreme Court reviewing the constitutionality of the health care act. We studied the cases mentioned in the article in my Constitutional Law class, and I find the topic (the Commerce Clause) particularly interesting. I thought you might, too, so click here if you care to read it. The article isn't taking a side; it's just informative.

And speaking of Constitutional Law, I should get some homework done. I hope you're all having a great week and I'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: