Monday, June 25, 2012

Back to Vienna

Hey All! I don't have a lot of time this evening so let's get right down to it. Brenda's debut at the Vienna State Opera was a huge success. She hadn't sung the role in two years and yet Brenda was able to remember it and perform it at one of the best opera houses in the world (I'm sure there are some who consider it THE best opera house in the world). And as it turns out, the soprano who was scheduled to do the next two performances cancelled due to illness. The Vienna State Opera called Brenda and asked her to jump in again so she will be getting on a plane tomorrow and heading back to Vienna. 

Brenda outside of the Vienna State Opera. 

 Brenda bowing with a few of her fellow cast members

Brenda shifted gears on Sunday and sang in her last performance of the season at Oper Frankfurt. Here she is in her helmet and breastplate.

Don't mess with a valkyrie.

My parents, Brenda and I are in Hamburg right now. We came up to get a feel for the city and to see where I'd be living and studying in the fall. The city seems great. We're headed to Berlin tomorrow and as soon as we get there Brenda will get on a plane to Vienna. Ah, the jetset life. Please cross your fingers for Brenda's next two performances in Vienna. I look forward to sharing more pictures with you and filling you in on other things that have been going on, but that's going to have to wait for now. Until next time, have a great week!

No comments: