Hey folks! Good news - Iowa Law is shutting down for the rest of the week starting tomorrow around 11:30. Well, that's not exactly true. It would probably be more accurate to say that I've been released from my classes for the rest of the week. As in, I've released myself from going to class. OK fine, I'm skipping. But I've got a good reason: I'm going to Ann Arbor tomorrow. Wait, didn't I do that already this semester? I vividly recall my parents picking me up and chauffeuring me to Michigan to hear Brenda sing. And yet, that's exactly what is happening tomorrow. It would seem that history does repeat itself.
This trip to Ann Arbor is going to be different from the last trip in two major ways. First, Brenda will be singing a piece by the french composer Milhaud instead of an opera by Handel and, second, the weather is going to be amazing (this second difference is purely my attempt to control the weather through positive thinking). I'm very excited for the trip, but I'm most excited to see Brenda.
Brenda has been in Michigan since last week Wednesday, and she's had rehearsal everyday since (including Easter Sunday). The chorus plays a major role in this piece, and Brenda estimates there are more than 300 choristers. She took the following picture during rehearsal this week:
I think they could squeeze a few more musicians up there. I'm pretty sure Milhaud's piece calls for a 400 person choir.
In other news, I'm stressing out about a 20-page paper I have to write. I'm off to a good start and have plenty of time to write it, but I'm not going to let that stop me from freaking out about it. I'll keep you posted on my progress and my panic level.
I should stop here. There are dishes that need washing, and my suitcase refuses to pack itself. I hope you all have a great week, and I'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment