Hello from Santa Fe! Brenda and I finally made it to our new home for the next two months, and we're settling in nicely. Our home is actually a two-bedroom house, which is a new experience for us since we've never lived together in anything bigger than a two-bedroom apartment. I've had to actually search for Brenda a couple of times because I didn't know what part of the house she was in. We both agree that leaving this place is going to be difficult (especially because I'll be returning to my soon-to-be-demolished student housing apartment), but we'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts.
Brenda has already had her first two days of rehearsal, and things are off to a good start. In addition to her rehearsal schedule, Brenda has been invited to partake in several events. For example, this evening the cast of La Traviata was invited to a dinner hosted by some opera supporters. I got to tag along as Brenda's date, which allowed me to meet her friendly cast mates. We will be going to a couple more events this weekend including the premiere of the first opera of the season.
Proof that Brenda and I were actually in New York for a couple of days.
I took this picture while hiking yesterday on some trails not far from our house.
The trail.
You don't see plants like this in Iowa. Or Germany for that matter.
As I mentioned last week, Brenda's recent performance in Austria was broadcast on an Austrian radio station yesterday. Don't worry if you decided not to wake up in the middle of the night to listen to it. Today I discovered that the radio station has the entire recital on its website. So if you're in the mood for some music featuring clarinet, piano and soprano, click here. FYI, Brenda sings in 3 pieces (of 9 or 10) on the recital, so you will hear a lot of music that doesn't involve her.
I should head to bed. I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!



No comments:
Post a Comment