Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back to reality

As I foretold last week, I walked out of Family Law a little bit ago and Brenda is currently in her PJs in Frankfurt. Our last few days in Santa Fe were uneventful (except for Brenda's outstanding performance, of course), and our return flights to our respective locations for the fall were equally uneventful. We flew to the Minneapolis airport together but had to say goodbye there. We're usually pretty good at goodbyes in airports, but this one was rough. The countdown to being together again is at 38 days.

Today is my first day of classes and things are going well so far. I have one more class today that starts at 6:00 tonight and lasts for two hours. I managed to squeeze all of my classes into Monday-Wednesday this semester, so I'm looking forward to my 5-day holiday weekend this weekend. The trick will be finding someplace cool to enjoy it. The heat in Iowa City has been rather excessive if you ask me, but I'm probably just saying that because I don't have air conditioning in my apartment. Is it fall yet?

Brenda begins rehearsals for Ariadne auf Naxos tomorrow. Since arriving in Frankfurt she's been meeting up with friends, running errands, and getting re-settled into our apartment. It seems like she's doing well with jet-lag. Or at least as well as I'm doing. The only difference being that my time zone change was one hour while hers was eight. She's clearly the more adaptable of the two of us.

I should probably start getting ready for class. By the way, sorry for the lack of photos. We'll try to have some good pics for you next week. Until then, have a great week!

No comments: