Greetings from London! I just finished my first day of classes and things are off to a good start. There are 18 students in the program, all from U.S. law schools, and five faculty members (three from the U.S and two from the U.K.). Our study center is located in the heart of London and is just a few minutes away from a Chipotle (I think there's a Starbucks even closer). I should avoid the local cuisine and just eat at American chains, right? I haven't had much of a chance to sightsee yet, but I'll wander around town this weekend. Brenda and I arrived last Thursday and spent the weekend settling in to our new place. We're renting the flat (I'm already starting to blend in!) from a friend of ours at a very friendly rate. It's a great place and is just 35 minutes away from where I'm studying. Spending all of this time on the tube (more blending) is really reminding me of our days in New York.
Brenda is probably also being reminded of our days in New York because she's in New York right now. She's there for lessons and coachings and to sing at Marilyn Horne's 80th birthday celebration at Carnegie Hall. A lot of our family members will be at the performance. Come to think of it, most of the people that read this blog will be there. So why am I telling you about it? You should write me and let me know how it goes!
I'm afraid we didn't take any pictures over the past week in spite of being in two of the world's major cities. I did, however, go to the Inns of Court tonight as a study abroad field trip, and I recommend checking out pictures of those gorgeous buildings online. I'll need to go back during the day and take some pictures of my own.
Brenda will be back in London by the next blog entry, and I'm sure we'll have some pictures to share with you by then. Until next time, have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment