Tuesday, February 3, 2015

earworm

Hey All! Greetings from post-super bowl Seattle. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it has been much grayer and rainier this week than it was last week. I didn't watch the game this year because, well, I'm not much of a sports fan, but I did check the New York Times website periodically to find out the score. (Can you imagine a more exciting way to "watch" a football game?) Brenda and I also watched most of Katy Perry's halftime performance after the fact, which, much to Brenda's chagrin, caused me to repeatedly sing the chorus to "Firework" for the rest of the evening. I'm not sure she'll let me watch the halftime show next year.

As you might imagine, Brenda has been very busy with rehearsals. She rehearses Monday through Saturday during the day, which is a change from her typical morning/evening schedule in Frankfurt. It's been nice having evenings together so we can make dinner or meet up with friends. We haven't had a chance yet to do much exploring, but we'll have more time for that once her performances begin.

Any Grammy fans out there? I'm not sure I mentioned this before, but a recording that Brenda is on, Milhaud's L'Orestie d'Eschyle, was nominated for a Grammy this year in the Best Opera Recording category. We'll find out if the recording wins on Sunday.

I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!

On clear evenings we enjoy watching the sun set behind a few of Seattle's skyscrapers.

No comments: