Wednesday, January 25, 2017

vampire baby

Greetings from sunny Philadelphia! After a few grey days the clouds have parted and we're once again loading up on vitamin D. Brenda missed the first couple days of rehearsal last week due to the flu, but she's feeling much better and has already learned most of her staging for the opera. Not bad for a week's work. The opera opens February 10th.

While Brenda rehearses I've been busy chasing Rowan around the apartment. His crawling has come a long way, and he seems most interested in those things that he shouldn't be playing with (i.e. outlets, power cords, and dust bunnies). He's been waking up more often at night, which we hear is a common occurrence when babies start crawling. And he's also started trying to eat Brenda. When she came home for dinner this evening Rowan tried repeatedly (and often successfully) to bite her. (Apparently I don't taste very good because he doesn't bite me.) He hasn't figured out "no" yet, although he'll shake his head and smile when you say it. It's a good thing he's so darn cute.

I'm hoping to do at least a little bit of sightseeing before we leave Philadelphia next month. We were here on a family vacation when I was a kid, but I haven't been back since. I have vague memories of The Liberty Bell, and it'd be fun to see it again. Brenda's rehearsal schedule is quite intense so Rowan and I may have to be tourists while she works.

I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: