Wednesday, February 15, 2017

welcome visitors

Greetings for the last time this year from Philadelphia! Tancredi opened last Friday at Opera Philadelphia, and by all accounts it was a great night of opera. (A very excited opera goer even recognized Brenda at the Gap a few days later.) I get to see the show tonight thanks to some babysitters we shipped in from a few states over (it's tricky getting a ship from Iowa to Pennsylvania). My parents arrived a few days ago, and they looked after Rowan last night while Brenda and I went to dinner. They'll look after him again tonight so I can go to the opera. I'm quite excited to see it. If you'd care to see a few production photos from the show, you can do so here (just scroll down a bit). 

Brenda, mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe, Opera Philadelphia General Director David Devan, and tenor Michele Angelini

The Academy of Music
(Photos courtesy of Brenda's dad)

We had a wonderful time with Brenda's parents who flew back home yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't think they were able to enjoy themselves as much as they would have liked because they were both under the weather. In spite of that, we still got to enjoy a lot of time with them. Rowan loved his playdates with grandma and grandpa.

This time next week we'll be back in Frankfurt. Brenda begins rehearsals for her next opera, Rigoletto, about five minutes after we step off the plane. We'll be spending over three months in Frankfurt, which will be the longest we've been in one place since mid-July. We're looking forward to it.

I hope you're all having a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: