Tuesday, September 19, 2017

down by the bay

Hey all! It's hard to believe it's been almost three weeks since we last posted. We've been bouncing around a lot lately, but we're finally starting to get into a routine. The only catch is that Rowan and I are getting into a routine at my parents' house while Brenda does so in another country. Brenda hopped on a plane on Saturday and flew so far west that she ended up in the east. She arrived in Tokyo on Sunday, rehearsed Monday and Tuesday, and she has her final rehearsal on Wednesday, which is tomorrow for us but today for her (I don't really get how that works, but I think it involves math). It sounds like she's having a nice time in Tokyo even though she's struggling a bit to find vegetarian food. Our friend Whitney spent two years teaching English in Japan, and she prepared a card for Brenda that explains, in Japanese, that she is a vegetarian who doesn't eat meat of any kind (not even fish). Brenda presents the card at restaurants and sometimes, as happened last night, the restaurant has no food for her. Luckily, Japan has an Outback Steakhouse so if she gets desperate she can go pig out on bloomin' onions

Since I wrote to you last we took a short trip to Door County, Wisconsin with Brenda's parents in honor of her Mom's birthday. Drew was also there, and let me tell you, that guy know's how to chop kindling with a hatchet. We stayed in a cabin right on the water and had a wonderful time. 

 The view from outside our cabin.

 The master at work.

The twins lounging in Drew's portable hammock.

I've been flying solo during the night with Rowan since Brenda flew to Japan (I guess we've both been flying), but it hasn't been too difficult since Rowan has been sleeping so well lately. Be that as it may, I'm still off to bed early just in case he's planning a middle of the night scream-fest tonight. I hope you all have a great week, and we'll do our best to write to you again soon!

No comments: