Hey all! So about those Christmas decorations, it turns out we didn't quite have enough time to convert our house into a winter wonderland before Brenda flew to Milan. We did, however, manage to buy a tree, so we'll be ready for some serious merriment when Brenda gets back on Sunday. From what she tells me, her rehearsals are going well, and she sounds quite excited for her concert on Thursday. There will be a radio broadcast, which I think you'll be able to hear online if you so desire. I'll post with more info when we get it.
A picture of the street outside Brenda's apartment in Milan.
Brenda's parents came into town the day Brenda flew out, and they spoiled me rotten by cooking for me and taking care of Rowan while I crossed things off of our getting-settled to-do list. They also took Rowan to story time at a nearby library, and the next day we all went to a drag story hour at a nearby community playhouse. We had a lot of fun, and Rowan loved it.
A poster advertising the drag story hour.
Two weekends ago we were in Ankeny celebrating an early Christmas with my parents, brother, and his family. We also attended my oldest nephew, Tyler's, holiday choir concert at the high school, and Brenda and I sang as a part of the lessons and carols service at the church I grew up in. Singing at the occasional service there is really the only opportunity I get to sing these days, so I'm always grateful when they're willing to include us in the service.
Tomorrow I get sworn in as an attorney in the state of Minnesota. Goodbye nice Chad, hello ruthless legal advocate. I'm really looking forward to it.
Rowan just woke up from his nap so I should get going. I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment