Good evening! I'm enjoying another beautiful sunset in Santa Fe while Brenda puts Rowan to bed. Drew and Rachael, who are in town visiting, are in the process of putting Rachael's daughter, Iris, to bed. The two toddlers are just a month apart in age, and they've been having a great time playing together. They've been having so much fun that bedtime has become a little more challenging, but that's understandable. Who wants to go to bed when there's so much playing to do?
Brenda's third performance of Candide is tomorrow night, and Drew and Rachael will be attending. I don't know the opera(etta) well, but I enjoyed the first performance very much. I can't imagine a better cast. Brenda's friend Alek is singing the title role and her friend Kevin is playing Voltaire (plus a few other roles). They're all outstanding performers, and with the beautiful set and costumes it's hard to imagine a better production of this opera.
We fly back to the midwest next week, and we're really looking forward to a few days at our house in Minneapolis. Brenda is singing at an outdoor concert in Madison in a couple weeks, which should be a lot of fun. Our parents are coming to the concert, and we'll also probably see some friends and former professors from our college days. It should be a nice trip.
I hope you're all having a nice summer! Until next time, have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment