Monday, October 27, 2008

Sick days

Its going around.  Last week a member of the opera company got sick, then his wife and then Brenda.  She felt it coming last Thursday and ended up staying home Friday and Saturday.  Symptoms include headache, soar throat and fatigue.  You know, the usual.  Brenda started feeling a little better yesterday and decided to go to work today in spite of it being one of those rainy days when you don't want to leave the house.  So far I have managed to elude the illness (knock on wood).

Unfortunately we had to skip the premier of Lucia di Lammermoor yesterday.  I did perform in the final Lear on Saturday which went very well.  During the curtain call we were greeted with many a "Bravo!" but we also received one very prominent "BOOOO".  I think a funny part of working as a performer is when you get done with your job people let you know how they felt about it.  I wrote lots of e-mails last year when I worked in an office and I was never once applauded for or booed at.  If I had been, however, it might have helped me do a better job.  At least I would have known without a doubt how people felt about my work.

The rain seems to have let up a bit so I may venture out for a jog around the neighborhood.  I hope you had a nice weekend.  Talk to you soon!

No comments: