Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Feen-tastic

Hey All! Last night, instead of writing to all of you like a good little blogger, I was at a performance of Wagner's Die Feen. The opera is one of Wagner's least known and least performed pieces, which makes perfect sense to me after seeing last night's performance. However, the cast, which was comprised mostly of soloists from Oper Frankfurt, was outstanding, and they made the most out of what they had to work with. An undeniable highlight of the evening was Brenda's aria in Act II. I will never get tired of hearing people scream, "Bravo!" at my wife. Unfortunately, the tenor got sick during the performance, and they had to end the show early. Hopefully he will be healthy in time for the show on Friday.

Brenda posing with one of the many Die Feen posters around town.

The performance took place at the old opera house (aka Alte Oper).

The Alte Oper during the day.

Inside the Alte Oper shortly after the performance.

Brenda and I took a wonderful day trip to Bad Nauheim on Sunday with Florian and Marlar. Bad Nauheim is where Florian grew up, and we were invited to join him and his family for lunch and a relaxing afternoon. His family's house is surrounded by a beautiful forest, so after we ate lunch we took a walk through the woods. It was a great way to spend our Sunday, and Brenda and I both hope we get to do it again sometime.

I should get going; Brenda has the final dress rehearsal for La Clemenza di Tito tonight and I'm going to watch. I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll talk to you next Tuesday!

2 comments:

insuranceguy said...

HI Chad,
Thanks for the great blog. We love reading about Frankfurt and your lives. It's looking like July 7th would be the best day for us to get together in Glynbourne. We could take the train South and meet all of you for lunch, tea, or whatever fits your schedules. Keep writing and we will keep reading. Say HI to Florian, Marlar, and Brenda from us. Ron

Chad said...

Hey Ron,

The 7th would be great! My parents will be in town so we can all get together. I'm looking forward to it.

All the best,

Chad