Tuesday, May 24, 2011

jogging through the countryside

Hey All! I'm writing to you after another lovely day in Lewes. We have been very lucky with sunshine since arriving in England, although it has been a little chilly. The temperatures have been perfect for me, however, since I've been doing a lot of jogging. While exploring jogging paths, I came across a beautiful path that leads into the downs just outside of town. Brenda and I wandered out onto the downs one evening and took a few snapshots for your enjoyment.


My wife the sunflower.

Not a bad place to go jogging, eh?


Brenda has begun staging rehearsals for her opera but still has more than 5 weeks of rehearsal before the show opens. On Friday, Brenda went to a specialized clothing store in London to be fitted for her costumes for the opera. The shop is called the House of Harlot. I would add a link to the website but this blog is rated G. Feel free to google it if your curiosity demands it.

After a week without reliable hot water, we finally got our boiler fixed on Saturday. Our landlady deserves a lot of the credit; we had repairmen come to our apartment almost every single day until the problem was fixed. It is great to be able to take a hot shower whenever we want to.

The next week will likely hold more of the same for us. Brenda will have rehearsals and I will jog and become better acquainted with Lewes. I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: