Tuesday, August 23, 2011

back to school

Hey All! It's me again. Brenda was so kind to write the blog last week. I was neck deep in law school orientation, and any blog I would have written would have been heavily influenced by my lack of sleep and general confusion about all of the legal stuff I've been learning. Don't worry, I am well rested this morning, although the legal confusion persists. I'm sure that will clear up in a few years or so.

Brenda had her final performance at Glyndebourne last night. It's hard to believe but her 15 performances are done and she only has one thing left: the BBC Proms. It should prove to be a whirlwind week for Brenda. She has to pack up things today, rehearse for the proms tomorrow and head to London, perform Thursday, fly to Frankfurt on Friday, and then fly to the US on Saturday. My wife the jet setter. (By the way, on the BBC Proms page I linked above you will be able to stream Brenda's opera for 7 days after the performance.)

I can't wait for Brenda to get here. We have a lot of really fun things planned. For example, she gets to quietly watch me study. And, um, then we may eat dinner someplace after which we will immediately return home, I will continue studying, and she can continue to watch me study...quietly. It should prove to be a thrilling time for both of us. Brenda will actually be doing a lot of studying of her own. She has to prepare for her next major role (Violetta in La Traviata) and she will be making a recording of some Lowell Liebermann songs in a couple weeks. Brenda and I can work on our homework together.

Today is officially the first day of law school. It feels like we've already started, however, since we had a 1-credit orientation-week class. As the Professor said, we are 1/85 finished with law school after orientation. I've even taken my first law school exam. It was part multiple-choice and part essay. The exam was pass/fail but I won't find out if I passed for another week or so. In the meantime, I am going to focus on my 4 semester-length classes (Contracts, Property, Torts, and Legal Analysis Writing and Research). I thought that my Torts class was about delicious pastries, but the assignment I read last night didn't mention so much as a croissant. This could be a long semester.

I should get going. I need to skype with my lovely wife before class. I hope you are all having a great week, and I (or Brenda) will talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: