Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pump up the volume

Hey All! The bass is thumping in the apartment below me, I plan on being in bed by 10, and I spent most of the day with my head buried in a book - I must be back in Iowa. My spring semester has begun and I've already learned a few things about Criminal Law and European Union Law. Over the next few days I'll be introduced to Constitutional Law and Civil Procedure. It should be an interesting semester.

It is never easy to leave Brenda and this time was no different, but we'll be seeing each other again soon. Until we do, we'll both be very busy; me with school and Brenda with her house debut in Munich. I wish I could tell you that Brenda is having a great time rehearsing for her first performance on Saturday but there is a problem - Brenda is sick. She's had two days of rehearsal so far, and she wasn't allowed to sing at either of them (doctor's orders). She'll be headed back to the doctor tomorrow to find out if she's on the mend. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

I hope that you're all enjoying the bizarre winter we're having right now. It's nice not having to get all bundled up (I still haven't used my winter coat this season) and I don't miss driving in the snow. However, it seems like we should get some snow at some point, doesn't it? I'm not advocating a lot of snow, but the occasional reminder that we actually have four seasons might be nice. In any event, I should call it a night. I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: