Happy Tuesday everybody! Today a sleepy Brenda will be bringing you the blog! I had great plans to have a lot of pictures of Munich to show you all, but I failed pretty miserably in that regard. I pretty much holed myself up in my hotel room last week, desperately trying to heal in time for the show on Saturday. It seems to have worked, as the show went very well! I'm also feeling much better now, and tomorrow's show should be much less stressful. Maybe I'll even remember to take some pictures this week! As it stands, I only have a few pictures of things around the opera house. The man in the statue is Maximilian Joseph, who was king of Bavaria in the early 1800s. I thought the contrail in the sky made it look like he had the ability to shoot something out of his forehead...
Here you can see the opera house behind the statue. The street to right is Maximilian Street, which is a very famous shopping street, filled with all the designer shops.
The opera house itself is incredibly beautiful. It's the largest house in Germany, seating 2,100. There's a huge crystal chandelier in the hall, and this website has some beautiful photos that showcase it.
I went back to Frankfurt the day after my first show in Munich for a few reasons, but the main reason was to get my passport back from the Italian Consulate. I need a work permit for my upcoming concert in Verona, and I don't know if they actually sent my passport to Italy to put the visa in, but I'm really glad nothing went wrong, since that could have caused some problems for my upcoming trip to the States! Being abroad without your passport just feels wrong! Thank goodness it was there waiting for me, safe and sound... I also repacked my suitcase, and boy is it getting heavy! I'll be away from my Frankfurt home for over a month, but I'm super excited to see lots of family in the US! It'll also be nice to spend some time with Chad in the Iowa apartment, since I haven't been back there since September.
Well, I'd better think about getting to bed at a decent hour, since breakfast is included with my hotel room, and I'd hate to sleep through it! :-) Hope you're all having a great week so far!

No comments:
Post a Comment