Greetings from Hamburg! Or am I in Frankfurt? The angled ceilings and cozy bed/living/office/kitchen room point to me being in Hamburg. And since Brenda isn't here I must not be in Frankfurt. It's going to be difficult to keep track of what city I'm in over the coming months because I will be taking so many trips to Frankfurt. In fact, I just got back to Hamburg on Sunday and will be heading to Frankfurt again on Thursday. I've been enjoying my time on trains; it's perfect for studying, and Germany has some beautiful countryside. I'm especially looking forward to going to Frankfurt this weekend because Brenda's sister arrived there yesterday. I know that she and Brenda are already having a great time together.
Unfortunately, Brenda and Drew have to share the apartment with guests that don't pay rent. Somehow wasps are getting into our apartment even though all of our windows are shut tight. We've been averaging 3-4 wasps per day, but so far today Brenda has had to "evict" 8 wasps. Luckily the wasps are slow moving, presumably because of the weather, and the eviction process hasn't been too difficult. Of course, it would be nice to be able to walk into our kitchen for a cup of coffee without fear of being attacked by slow moving squatters that sting. Brenda called the landlord (thanks Brenda!) and we are waiting to hear from him regarding possible solutions.
I began week 4 of my study abroad program yesterday, and three of my classes have already finished. I started a new class today that will finish in week 6. I've been enjoying the program so far, and I've really been enjoying seeing so much of Brenda. Tomorrow we get the day off because it is a German holiday (Tag der Deutschen Einheit). I will be celebrating by writing a paper for one of my classes.
Next Tuesday Brenda and Drew will probably be in Hamburg visiting moi. I will be quite busy that day because I will be starting yet another class, so you may get another one of Brenda's great blog entries. Until then, have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment