Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Twin Takeover!

Hey everybody! It's your favorite (err, only...) guest blogger, Drew! While Brenda and Chad are away enjoying a luncheon (I'll let them talk about that in next week's blog entry), I'm helping out with this week's blog duties.

Enjoying the sunset from the driveway.

Chad and I dropped my parents off at the airport this morning after having a lovely week with them. Unfortunately, they both had bouts of sickness while in Santa Fe, but we still all managed to enjoy the sights and each other's company! We had the pleasure of seeing both operas that Brenda is in, as well as her solo recital put on by Performance Santa Fe. Brenda gave a stunning performance, which was enhanced by the accompaniment of In Sun Suh, a fantastic pianist that Brenda has worked with before. The music they created together was a special treat.

The whole family enjoying a photo op with the amazing performers at the reception after the recital.

In addition to attending the numerous performances Brenda was in, we enjoyed making food together, playing Bananagrams, watching the stars at night, laughing at Chad's plentiful bad puns, and even got out of the house to check out the Georgia O'Keefe museum in downtown Santa Fe. There was a special exhibit with some of Ansel Adams' prints from his time in Hawaii, which was especially enjoyed by my dad. I know Brenda and Chad's excitement for their upcoming vacation to Hawaii was only enhanced by seeing the exhibit! 

Since my parents were sick, Chad, Brenda, and I took the opportunity to go on some awesome hikes! They took me to the Aspen Vista trail, which I had been wanting to go on since seeing pictures of their hike there last year. It was beautiful! The other two hikes that Chad and I went on were all hikes Chad had been on before, but this time he had company! I was impressed by Chad's mountain skillz.

Chad is bringing a storm down on the mountain!
Aspen Vista!
Hiking buddies.
I'm in Santa Fe until Friday, which is only one day less than Brenda and Chad have left in Santa Fe! We plan on doing some more hiking, opera attending/performing, and relaxing! I'm going to cut this blog entry pretty short so I can get on to the relaxing part of this vacation. Thanks for reading!

No comments: