Greetings once again from Munich! Brenda's show opened as planned last Thursday, and I'm happy to report that the performance was fantastic. I didn't see the second performance on Sunday but rumor has it that the show was great then, too. It's too bad all of you can't see it. But wait, you can! A few years ago the Bavarian State Opera started streaming some of its productions online, and this year one of the chosen pieces is Brenda's opera, Die schweigsame Frau. The opera will be streamed live and for FREE this Sunday (October 5th) at 6 PM Germany time (11 AM US Central Time). If you're interested, you can get more information here.
Just to warn you, Brenda loses her temper during the performance.
I took a picture of the cast during the curtain call. Brenda is second from the right.
Unfortunately, we haven't had a chance to go to Oktoberfest yet, but we are planning on going tomorrow or Friday. We have to go soon because Sunday is the last day. Whenever we ventured downtown this past week we encountered throngs of people roaming around town. It'll be nice when things quiet down next week.
Even though we haven't been to Oktoberfest yet, we did find a nice place in the English Gardens to drink a beer and eat a giant pretzel.
Brenda flew to London yesterday for a CD release party. The recording, which I mentioned in a recent blog entry, is of Offenbach's Fantasio. Brenda was just in London for one night and is actually on a flight back to Munich as I write this.
Brenda rehearsing for the release party earlier today.
So that's what we've been up to. Brenda has two more performances this week and, other than that, she'll be preparing for her next roles. She continues to be quite busy! I hope you all have a wonderful week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!





No comments:
Post a Comment