Hey all! Brenda and I are currently in the great state of Wisconsin where my better half has been busy rehearsing for two upcoming performances of Mozart's Così fan tutte with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. It's great that Brenda is working so close to home for many reasons, but we're most excited about so many of our family and friends coming to the show next week. By the way, for any of you who will be there, the performance is going to be like a normal evening at the opera. That is to say that the singers will be in costume and wandering around on a set. (Sometimes operas are performed with the singers just standing in formalwear at the edge of the stage with the orchestra behind them, which I expected in this case.) There will also be supertitles in English just in case your Italian is a little rusty. If you'd like to learn more about Così fan tutte before the performance, you can do so here.
Besides a trip to the airport, I've never spent much time in Milwaukee. I've always heard good things, though, and so far I really like it. Our hotel is downtown and close to where Brenda is rehearsing so, with the exception of the grocery store, we've been walking everywhere. There are a lot of beautiful old buildings downtown and the lakefront is easily within walking distance from our hotel. We're planning on a long walk by the lake one these days.
We haven't been good about taking pictures this week, but we do have this picture from last week that features our adorable niece, Beatrice.
I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!


3 comments:
Wandering around on a stage...AKA acting, but not quite, eh? Hehehe, good one Chad :)
Wandering around on a stage...AKA acting, but not quite, eh? Hehehe, good one Chad :)
Acting is optional. Especially when high notes are involved. :-)
Post a Comment