Wednesday, May 11, 2016

date night 2.0

Hey all! So remember how I said I'd write on Tuesday unless Brenda and I were out on a date again? I wrote that as a joke, but we did end up shirking our blog duties for a second week in a row so we could catch a flick (The Jungle Book) and get some grub. Now it may not seem like it from our recent posts, but Brenda and I have actually been doing quite a bit of parenting. We don't just go to movies everyday and let our newborn fend for himself at home (although he'd probably be fine - it turns out that babies sleep a lot). My parents kindly agreed to babysit again, so our little guy was in good hands yesterday while we went out on the town.

It's been great having my folks here (and not just because they're excellent babysitters), and we'll be sad to see them head back home this weekend. My attempts to talk them into moving to Germany have failed so far, but I may have more luck if Trump gets elected.

There's a screaming child in the next room, and my newly activated fathering instincts are telling me that I should probably go check it out. I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: