Howdy folks! It's a cloudy morning here in Hackney, the London borough where we live, and the days are definitely getting shorter. My alarm clock (AKA Rowan who, by the way, doesn't have a snooze button) starts chatting each morning between seven and seven thirty. The past few mornings I've heard him talking and thought "No, it can't be after seven. It's still dark out." But, of course, it was indeed time to get up and do some parenting. The first order of business each day is Rowan's lesson on how to brew coffee.
Brenda's rehearsals are progressing and soon will be changing locations. Most of her rehearsals up until now have been at 3 Mills Studios, but this week they're moving over to their performance venue, the London Coliseum.
I snapped this picture of 3 Mills Studios one day when we went to visit Brenda at work.
This weekend Brenda and I saw a couple of friends. Rowan experienced his first pub when we met up with our friend Tim, although Rowan ignored the beer and focused instead on playing with Tim's hat and beard. On Sunday we went for a stroll in the park with a friend of Brenda's who is also currently working at English National Opera. She's been here with her thirteen-month-old daughter since early August. It was fun seeing her daughter crawling all over the park and imagining that Rowan will be doing the same thing before too long.
As Harry Potter fans I feel obligated to tell you that Brenda passed by the Palace Theatre yesterday, which is currently home to the new Harry Potter play. I definitely want to see it.
So that's what we've been up to. I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment