Tuesday, October 4, 2016

London

Greetings from London! Brenda, Rowan, and I arrived in the UK on Friday after a rather stressful morning. The flight itself was quite pleasant but making it to the plane on time was the tense part. When it comes to packing (and most other things) we tend to procrastinate, so our trips to the airport are usually more rushed than we'd like. This time we were finishing our packing and preparing our apartment for a friend who will be staying there while we're gone. Add to that a six month old baby who, frankly, can't pack or clean very well yet, and you end up not getting to the airport on time. Luck was on our side, however, and we made our flight.

Once we arrived in London we made our way to the baggage claim only to discover that our stroller and car seat weren't there. The baggage bloke we spoke to was very friendly and said our stuff would be delivered to us once they found it. In the meantime he offered us a stroller and a car seat as permanent loaners (apparently they don't want them back after kids use them because kids are germy). So we took our new carseat and hopped in a black cab and headed to our temporary home for the next couple of weeks.

Here I am with all of our luggage (sans our missing stroller and carseat) in Paddington Station.

After much hemming and hawing I've finally decided to rejoin Facebook. I've been wanting to share pictures of Rowan with you, dear blog readers, but I haven't yet because there is no way for me to limit who can access the blog and I don't want the entire world to be able to see pictures of him. So the solution I've come up with is a Facebook account. I plan on posting pictures of Rowan regularly (and not much else). If you'd like to see them, feel free to send me a friend request. In case you need it, my email address is chadcgraham@gmail.com.

Brenda has already had two days of rehearsal at English National Opera and by the sounds of it things are going well. I've also been working this week. In fact, I started a full-time job yesterday, and it's been a lot of fun. My title is stay-at-home Dad, although the "home" part isn't totally accurate. It's more like stay-at-Airbnb Dad. Anyway, I've got a great boss who takes three naps a day, smiles a lot, and loves to sit on my head.

It's getting late so I should call it a night. My boss is definitely a morning person. I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: