Saturday, September 27, 2008

A good day

Before we arrived in Germany I assumed that attaining our residence and work permits would involve a lot of rigmarole.  Indeed they were arduous tasks but the biggest challenge has proven to be getting internet in our apartment.  Instead of explaining our internet failures and triumphs I will show you how I/we have felt through the whole process by the use of images.  After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Me before we got internet.  

Us after we got internet.

Ok, so I didn't really walk around clad only in black (including the black leather pants you can't see) with a knife in my hand until we had internet.  That is actually my costume for Lear.  The second picture, however, was taken only moments after we were able to get the DSL modem working this evening.

In preparation for another completely depressing night without internet we went out and bought a super cheap DVD player and the first Harry Potter movie.  In German of course.  After we got home with our new purchase we were able to get the internet working.  We are now overjoyed with all the cool things we can do.

Lear opens tomorrow.  I'm very excited for it to be up and running.  As you may be able to guess from my costume, it is a very odd opera.  I'm looking forward to finding out how the audience will like it.  Brenda will be coming to the premier tomorrow.  I have a pretty good idea of how she'll feel about it.

I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday as much as we are.  You may hear a little more from me now that I don't have to buy an overpriced cup of coffee to get on-line.  Tschüss!

No comments: