Hey All! I hope things are going well in your neck of the woods. Things in Frankfurt have been just dandy. We've had beautiful weather everyday for the last week, and Brenda and I have been taking advantage of it as much as possible. We've been going jogging in the Frankfurt city forest which is just a couple of kilometers from our house. (A kilometer is like a mile but shorter. For some reason Germany still uses the silly metric system despite my assurances that it's a passing fad.) Today Brenda and I ran a 10k - the first one she's ever run. I'm very proud of her.
Brenda has been busy with performances of The Rake's Progress. This week she had 3 performances in 5 days which is a lot for opera. She's also been learning Die Walküre, which she is doing right now in the other room. I've been making sure she relaxes, too. We saw Men in Black 3 a few days ago. When we got to the theater there were people outside protesting. Apparently people who work at movie theaters in Germany are part of a union, and they'd like some more money.
Some of Brenda's relatives were in Germany last week visiting their daughter who is studying abroad, and they decided to come see Brenda perform. I don't think either one of them had ever been to an opera before. We had dinner with them after the show, and they told us all about their travels through Germany. It sounds like they had a great trip.
Brenda's relatives, Bob and Vicki.
After Brenda's show last night, the cast, some colleagues and I met up in the canteen in the opera house. Here are a couple pictures taken last night:
Representatives from four different countries gathered around one table. It was basically an international beer summit.
The American representatives were in top form.
Oper Frankfurt made a little video about The Rake's Progress. You can view the video, and hear a little of Brenda's singing, here.
Well, I had better go check on Brenda and make sure she is learning her Wagner. I hope you all have a great week, and I'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment