Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kill the wabbit

 Hey All! It's another beautiful day in Frankfurt, and Brenda and I are getting the apartment ready to have guests over this evening. The premiere of The Rake's Progress on Sunday was a resounding success. Brenda has read a lot of the reviews and they have been glowing - especially when they were talking about Brenda. If you would like to see some photos of the production you can do so here. Also, Brenda was interviewed along with one of her American castmates by a local newspaper. If you'd like to read the article (and work on your German) you can do so here.

There is always a party at the opera house after each premiere, so on Sunday night after the show we had dinner with many of Brenda's colleagues and opera donors. Brenda and I were there until the very end of the party. In fact, we left shortly after all of the lights in the building were shut off.

Brenda and our friend Adelin towards the end of the party on Sunday.

Last night Brenda and I did a little grocery shopping and we came across a surprising "food." We weren't brave enough to buy a bag of Party-Bacon, especially since Brenda is a vegetarian and I have strong vegetarian tendencies, but we were certainly curious. I took a quick glance at the ingredients and there didn't seem to be any bacon (or party for that matter) in the chips so maybe we would have been safe. 


This morning Brenda and I did some dog sitting for a friend of ours. He has a 3-month-old puppy of some kind. I would tell you the breed but I honestly don't know the difference between a pit bull and a terrier. I can tell you, however, that Emma (pictured below) is an adorable puppy and I want one.


Now that Brenda has finished with rehearsals for The Rake's Progress she can move on to Die Walküre. I have no doubt that you know the music to the latter opera. Don't believe me? Click here and find out.

Well, I had better get ready for our guests. I hope you all have a great week, and I'll talk to you next Tuesday.

No comments: