Hey All! Greetings from Wisconsin. Since arriving in the US last week we’ve been busy seeing friends and family and moving out of our apartment in Iowa City. We first met up with our friends Dan and Whitney for a few days before she left for Japan where she is going to spend the next year teaching English. They keep a weekly blog (sound familiar?) which is very entertaining and will undoubtedly contain a lot of posts about living in Japan over the upcoming year. If you care to read it you can do so here.
Brenda and I met up with one of my professors and his wife last week. We first saw them this summer in Vienna after Brenda jumped in at the Vienna State Opera. They are both from Austria and happened to be in Vienna on vacation when we were there. They had us over for dinner last week in Iowa City and we enjoyed discussing opera (they are huge classical music fans) and eating the delicious desserts they made.
Much of our time since we’ve been back has been spent packing up and clearing out our Iowa City apartment. We were able to get everything out and into a storage unit just in time (my parents deserve a lot of the credit). We’re now in Wisconsin visiting Brenda’s parents and her sister and enjoying some vacation. We went to an Ansel Adams exhibit earlier today and we’re off to Door County tomorrow. We’ll take the camera so we can share some pictures with you next week.
One last thing, Brenda and I made her a new website which you can see at www.brendarae.com. Feel free to let us know what you think.
Sounds like everyone is downstairs having a good time so I had better go join them. I hope you all get to enjoy some vacation of your own and I’ll talk to you next week!
Brenda, Drew and their parents.


No comments:
Post a Comment