Tuesday, July 21, 2015

stateside

Greetings from Iowa! Brenda and I are back in America and our summer vacation has officially begun. On our first full day back in the U.S. we acclimated to being home by enjoying the quintessential American pastime - baseball. My oldest nephew had his twelfth birthday on Saturday and he invited us to join him and his friends at an Iowa Cubs game. It had been ages since we'd been to a baseball game. We had a lot of fun (and the Cubs won).

 Brenda and Drew watching the game.

My brother and sister-in-law were also there.

Brenda and Drew went up to Wisconsin yesterday while I stayed behind to spend some time with my parents. One of my favorite family activities growing up was golfing, and we still try to play at least once a year. We hit the links today and enjoyed a few good shots and some great weather.

A couple of pros getting ready to take their second shots.

After we finished our round we went to a nearby park that is home to several bison. 

My jet-leg is encouraging me to go to bed so I think I'll call it a night. I hope you all have a great week, and we'll talk to you next Tuesday!

No comments: