Greetings once again from Munich! Things are heating up in Bavaria with the high today reaching almost three digits. Brenda and I are trying to keep cool by staying inside and moving as little as possible, but we're not having much success. I keep dreaming of the ubiquitous air conditioning in the U.S. that we'll be enjoying in less than two weeks. Some Germans I've talked to think we Americans overdo it with the AC, but personally I like it when the grocery store is so cold that you have to wear a jacket in the middle of July.
On Sunday Brenda, who is healthy once again, had a performance of Die Schweigsame Frau, the first of two performances this summer as a part of the Bavarian State Opera's summer festival. You already know that I loved it (because I love all of Brenda's performances), but I should mention that the audience really enjoyed it too. Afterwards we went out to dinner with some good friends who came up to Munich to see the show.
Since Brenda has a few days off between performances we're doing a little sightseeing. Yesterday we went with our friend Niki to Tegernsee, a picturesque alpine town that is built next to a lake with the same name. We had a great time getting to know yet another beautiful German town (on land and by sea) and sampling a bit of the local cuisine.
In line for our boat tour.
Niki and Brenda at sea.
I'm ready to move there.
How does that saying go again? Oh yeah, three pretzels a day keep the doctor away.
Did I mention I'm ready to move there?
Tomorrow we're planning on going to a museum, Thursday Brenda has a performance, and Friday we head back to Frankfurt. We're both looking forward to being back in our apartment again. Until next time, have a wonderful week!


No comments:
Post a Comment